Forum for discussion of airsoft and airsoft events in Alabama, the Region, and the World

HomeHome  Front PageFront Page  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghost55
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:45 am

Don't know if you guys knew this so I'm posting........

Went by Gadsden Wal Mart and came across a new decent looking line of airsoft products......not the usual clear plastic gearbox or plastic springers.....

BLACK OPS...they have the M4 similar to CA sportline & G&G combat machine with the polymer body, metal gear box and EBB. ALSO they carried a gbb 1911 full metal co2, full metal m4 cqb. The 1911 was around the $65-70 area....the full metal cqb which looked like a zombie killer was $199....the polymer EBB m4 was $99.
The Black Ops lineup at Wal Mart even consisted of. 20g ammo, zombie targets, goggles,tac vest, holsters and other items.

While there I picked up the EBB polymer M4 listed as Black Ops Viper....NOT bad. Good build, quality and markings. VERY close to G&G combat machine. The carry handle is polymer and it has a 1 piece plastic hop up unit and the old style TM retractable stock (not LE design). Does have a similated gas tube in the handguards....Packaged pretty well and it does come with a 8.4 800mah butterfly battery and charger and 300 rnd hi cap with Bear River Ind stamped on bottom. So far I charged battery 6 hrs and dried fired it. Its not a noisy gun so far and has a good pop sound..the ebb worked better than G&G that I've had. It kicked back very fast and all the way unlike G&G even when they were loaded. The M4 is rated at 450 fps on. 12g so ill get some ammo and check what .20g will do. Ill post more later right now I'm using a phone to post this little info. But to find out the full lineup and specs/pics go to Ignite Airsoft.com
Back to top Go down
soldier8193
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:29 pm

That must be new the past few days because I've never seen it there before...

I doubt pretty highly the quality of something at WalMart is close to G&G.

However, I will be going by there sometime this week, and I'll take a look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spartan-airsoft.webs.com
ghost55
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:40 pm

According to all the reviews....they aren't but a week of being out. As far as quality....I wouldn't expect a lasting internal setup as G&G but as far as the external build and look....closely identical to G&G combat machines and CA sportline. Either way for $99 you got a M4 from wally world with a gearbox that can finally be tweaked on.
Back to top Go down
ComradeHX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 pm

For ~$150 you can get a JG that owns G&G/CA/KWA without any real upgrade to gearbox.

Why bother with $99?

They look like Cyma M4. http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=CB-18975
http://www.airrattle.com/375_FPS_Cyma_M4A1_AEG_Airsoft_Gun_p/zm81b.htm Real price is around $65.
Back to top Go down
Cwing1
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:02 pm

The classic army sportline has a aluminium barrel and is a lower level aeg. I have seen these guns you are talking about. I would consider them starter guns, nothing else. $99.00 isn't bad for a beginners gun but I would not compare it to a G&G by any means
Back to top Go down
ghost55
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:30 pm

I bought one just to see how it is......I noticed inside the magwell on the gearbox is a switch to lock the fake bolt back....pull the charging handle and it releases it instead of the bolt lock mechanism on the side. The outer barrel and buffer tube are metal BUT the more I look it over the more I see a wannabe name brand. Its not all that bad...might be worth the $99 but as cwing said...
its a beginners/budget gun or possibly a field rental.

BTW Han.....next to trigger on the lower reciever when you turn it upside down it has those famous words we all love to see 'Made in China' lol!
Back to top Go down
ComradeHX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 pm

ghost55 wrote:

BTW Han.....next to trigger on the lower reciever when you turn it upside down it has those famous words we all love to see 'Made in China' lol!
Of course, what is not made in China usually suck in airsoft.
Back to top Go down
ghost55
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 am

Fired a few rnds this morning.....nearly punctures a soda can bottom with .20g but that's with it being a new spring. Should settle in around the 330-350fps after wear in. The inner barrel is a black coated metal and the book claims 6.08. Bolt gives a metal clap sound on each closure during the ebb firing. The hop up is something to be desired.....backs itself off and double feeds every other single shot. Range was ok when it didn't have its issues...120ft.

Later today I'm gona swap out the hop up and inner barrel with a 6.03 and G&P unit with madbull bucking and see how it does.
Back to top Go down
Esquire122
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 am

ComradeHX wrote:
ghost55 wrote:

Your extreme nationalism aside, TM makes some fine weapons as well which is why the TM Hi Cappa is a favorite of many.

Which brings me to the point. Are there any guns made elsewhere other than PRC China, The Republic of China (ROC Taiwan), and Japan?
If so, I haven't seen any North American or European brands.

My ICS M4 - Taiwan
My A&K M249 - Hong Kong
My Well MB04 - Hong Kong

My Future M1911 Vietnam Era GBB pistol (KJW, KSC, KWA, KWC) - Taiwan

Here is a good reference to were guns are made despite rebranding rollover:

Who Makes Who

Respectfully,
Esquire

ghost55
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Front page of Ignite Black Ops owners manual....

Ignite-Blackops.com
Manufactured & Distributed by
© 2012 Bear River International, LLC
Logan,Utah 84321

MADE IN CHINA

I don't think the US has an actual maker. As big as airsoft has grown over the 10yrs I've been around it, you'd think a US company would get on board.
As far as TM....I havnt seen many ppl around using the aegs in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Esquire122
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:38 pm

ghost55 wrote:
Front page of Ignite Black Ops owners manual....

Ignite-Blackops.com
Manufactured & Distributed by
© 2012 Bear River International, LLC
Logan,Utah 84321

MADE IN CHINA

I don't think the US has an actual maker. As big as airsoft has grown over the 10yrs I've been around it, you'd think a US company would get on board.
As far as TM....I havnt seen many ppl around using the aegs in awhile.

You would be right as to Bear River. They sent me this email:
"... to answer your question as stated on our packaging, manuals, and products themselves everything is made by our factories in China. "

He doesn't say which China though, mainland (Hong Kong PRC) or the ROC (Taiwan).

Respectfully,
Esquire

ComradeHX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Esquire122 wrote:
ComradeHX wrote:
ghost55 wrote:

Your extreme nationalism aside, TM makes some fine weapons as well which is why the TM Hi Cappa is a favorite of many.
TM gbb are okay which are exceptions(also including Tanaka...etc.) for stuff made in Japan. Their AEG are not worth money( of course there is also problem with importing price being jacked up) unless both externals and internals are going to be kept stock forever(potmetal and abs plastic externals, internals include potmetal gears).

Remember all those "collectors" airsoft gun made in Japan(such as Hudson, Marushin,...etc. and that company that made super bad $1000 mosin nagant).

For other countries:
There is supposed to be some aeg "developed" in bulgaria or somewhere like that.

A certain shop in Russia makes custom AS VAL, VSS Vintorez, and SR 3M.
Back to top Go down

Ignite Airsoft from Bear River Ind.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1