Forum for discussion of airsoft and airsoft events in Alabama, the Region, and the World

HomeHome  Front PageFront Page  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Dboys SCAR-L Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StarWars

PostSubject: Dboys SCAR-L Review.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 pm

This is my Review of the Dboys SCAR L.

Real Steel Info: The SOF Combat Assault Rifle, or SCAR, is a modular rifle made by Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FNH) for the U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) to satisfy the requirements of the SCAR competition. This family of rifles consist of two main types. The SCAR-L, for light, is chambered in the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge and the SCAR-H, for heavy, fires 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition. Both are available in further variants such as Long Barrel or CQC (Close Quarters Combat). The FN SCAR system completed low rate initial production testing in June 2007 and was scheduled for limited fielding in the fall of 2007

Ordering And Shipping: I purchased this rifle from Gunner Airsoft. This was my second purchase from them and it was not really the best service i've ever gotten. My 1st order arrived in 3 days with a nice,undamaged box. This order Arrived in a week and a half,The packing was damaged and the gun was COVERED in white stryofoam. I had to clean the gun and the magwell,and im going to check the internals to make sure there is none of it up in there as well. I might order from gunner again in the future but I will be emailing them and complaining about the terrible shipping.

The Box: Here is a photo of the box it came in,Nice looking box, Has some Soldiers in multicam with the scar and some tactical accessories.

What's In The Box?: In this box i recieved The Gun itself, 250 .2 BB's (They were dirty so they will not be used) Cleaning Rod, Barrel Extension, Foregrip(which is great quality), High Cap Mag.(tan)

Accessories: The accessories on this gun are quite nice. The barrel extension seems a bit useless since its maybe only 4 inches longer than the one on it now. I think it also might be broken and I will be looking into this. The Tactical Foregrip that is included in this package is quite nice. Very high quality plastic. I've thrown it around a bit just to test it out and it's very sturdy and there are no marks on it after the little stress test. Bottom Loosens and tightens to ensure that the grip stay on it.

External Quality:These externals are quality. Real FN Trademarks, Full steel upper reciever and Glass Fiber lower reciever and stock. Also full steel RIS rails on the top,bottom and sides of the rifle. Flip up sights are steel and are adjustable for range and height. Stock comes in 3 positions. FN Herstal trademarks add a large amount of realism to this rifle. It reads Fn Herstal Belgium. Mk16 Mod 0 CAL 5.56 MM. These externals feel more sturdy than the CA rifle I held of the same type and feels more balanced in the weight. Dboys quality has always been good on my 2 previous rifles and just seems to be getting better and better.
:DOG NOT INCLUDED IN BOX

Shooting Report: I fired this gone today for the 1st time,Shot about 500 Rounds all together. Has amazng accuracy and shots atleast 20 RPS. Richard has witnessed this beast of a rifle,I will give a field report tommorow after a scrim.

Field Report: Scrimmed with this gun today,is a great weapon. Got 6 kills. with it. This is definatly a great weapon. Some bb's where going up to as far as 170-190 feet. Amazing accuracy. Some bb's where flying through cracks in a horse trailer from 100 feet away.

OVERALL SCORE:9/10

Last edited by StarWars on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dboys SCAR-L Review.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:50 pm

1 week...

It only took me 3 weeks to get my order from Airsoftgi, and considering that gunners is overseas in HK, the shipping is good enough.
Back to top Go down
StarWars

PostSubject: Re: Dboys SCAR-L Review.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Solo wrote:
1 week...

It only took me 3 weeks to get my order from Airsoftgi, and considering that gunners is overseas in HK, the shipping is good enough.

Well when it says 3 days and i pay 65 dollars for it. I expect the best

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dboys SCAR-L Review.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:12 pm

StarWars wrote:
Solo wrote:
1 week...

Well when it says 3 days and i pay 65 dollars for it. I expect the best
Did you track the shipping?

It could be the U.S. Customs(since your gun had real trademarks).
Back to top Go down
StarWars

PostSubject: Re: Dboys SCAR-L Review.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Yes i did. track it han.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dboys SCAR-L Review.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Uh oh, Han is back on the forums. I was under the impression you were permanently booted. I can feel the ban hammer ready to strike again.
Back to top Go down

Dboys SCAR-L Review.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabama Airsoft Forum ::  :: -